What information do we collect?
When you look at the pages on the Xylote.com website, information is automatically recorded that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it;
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc.);
- the address of your server;
- the date and time of your visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser and operating system you have used.
We may use “cookies” to gather statistical information that helps us understand what you find interesting and useful on this site. These cookies are known as your “Unique Visitor Cookie” and identify you only by random number (e.g. #123456).
You can decline our cookies by adjusting the “accept cookies” setting on your browser.
We may also embed a piece of code into some pages of Xylote.com website. This gives us statistical site usage information about:
- the pages visited;
- duration of page view,
- location previous to visiting the Xylote.com website; and
- the navigation habits of the user.
- Name, and contact information, such as email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, physical address, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites and other information you provide to receive or provide payment;
- personal information you provide to us through correspondence, chats, or shared by you from other social applications, services or websites;
- additional personal information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself if we believe you are violating site policies;
- information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including, but not limited to, device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected during each visit to the Xylote.com website pages is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports in order for Xylote.com to identify patterns of usage of the sites. This will assist us in improving this site and the services offered on it.
When you use the Xylote.com site, we may request certain information. Xylote.com does not share any of your personally identifiable or transactional information with any person or entity, other than as set out in this policy. No other third party receives your personally identifiable information or other transactional data except for those with whom you have transactions and share that information. The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web site, used to notify consumers about updates to our web site and for communications, such as customer service.
We may send you a welcome email to verify your account and other transactional emails for operational purposes, such as billing, account management, or system maintenance. You may only stop those emails by terminating your account. We may also send you promotions, product announcements, surveys, newsletters, developer updates, product evaluations, and event information or other marketing or commercial e-mails. You can opt out of receiving these email communications from Xylote.com at any time by unsubscribing using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your e-mail preferences on your Xylote.com account or emailing us to have your contact information removed from our email list or registration database.
You agree that we may use your personal information to tell you about our services and tools, deliver targeted marketing and promotional offers based on your communication preferences, and customise measure and improve our advertising. You can unsubscribe from emails at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or non- affiliated companies for marketing purposes (including direct marketing purposes) without your permission. We may use and share Non-Personal Information for our marketing purposes, including, without limitation, marketing on other websites.
Will this policy be updated over time?
Due to the developing nature of privacy principles for online communication, this policy may be modified or expanded in light of new developments or issues that may arise from time to time. The amended policy will be posted to this site and will operate from the time it is posted.